RAM based database management

From: Femi Aderounmu <aderounmu_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/04/07

Does anyone have experience with RAM drive based databases. I am new to Oracle and I am trying to create a database with the data and rollback files located in RAM drives.

I create a RAM drive, then use a SQL code file to automatically load datafiles on my hard drive into the RAM drive. The main problem I have encountered:

1)The Rollback segment keeps blowing up. How can I safely delete it or reduce it's size during operation?

I understand that the rollback file should be kept on the hard drive but I care little for old data. The data becomes useless after about 10 minutes anyway, since the application is a semi-real time application.

--

Femi
New Jersey