How to make a package run under users permissions?

From: <umpaul18_at_cc.umanitoba.ca>
Date: 1998/04/07

G'day!

I have a stored procedure (report tool sort of) that I want to make available across schemas. The problem is that it executes under the permission set of the creator(SYSTEM), this isn't good. Is it possible to have a package do this(DBMS_SQL does)?

If you're connected as 'scott' I want it to run as if 'scott' has created it, and thus access scott's objects.

Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.

Stay Casual,

Ken