Startup Problems (Oracle 7.33/NT)

From: Richard S. Smith <rsmith_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1998/04/07

[ Note: I am posting this for someone else. Please direct replies to   the address at the bottom of the message. Thanks. ]

In our client site there are two databases running. There was a situation,where I had to shut down and restart the windows N.T server where the databases reside. When I rebooted the server, the two instances were stopped. So I tried to start one instance whose sqlnet alias is 2:orcl. I gave the following command,

SVRMGR>connect internal/password @2:orcl SVRMGR>startup

This caused both the instance to start. I don't know what causes both the instance to start? Does any one have explanation for this?

Brahatha Mohan.
Email : brahatha_at_provista.com

| Richard S. Smith / rsmith@netcom.com / http://www.idiom.com/~rss |