Re: OCI and reference cursors

From: Bjorn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>
Date: 1998/04/06

[marktoml_at_gdi.net (mark tomlinson)]

| from a stored procedure. It uses an REF CURSOR from the stored
| procedure to fetch upon to create the dynaset

you missed the question in <m2sonxzawg.fsf_at_lucifer.guardian.no>:

  now for my question: should I close the cursor variable that I bound   to the ref cursor in the OUT parameter of the PL/SQL procedure after   I'm done fetching from it and then re-bind it before every oexec()?

I already know how to use a REF CURSOR. what I was asking was wether I understood the use correctly and was correct not to close and rebind the Cda_Def associated with the REF CURSOR before each oexec() of the Cda_Def used when I parsed the PL/SQL snippet that has a placeholder for the REF CURSOR.

-Bjørn Received on Mon Apr 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT