Oracle Lite ESQL CONNECT problem

From: Charles Cummings <cummings_at_gate.net>
Date: 1998/04/06

Please help with an Oracle Lite question - I'm trying to do an ESQL CONNECT in a c program (Windows 95, MS C compiler). ESQL complains about the following:

EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;

char cUser[20] = "OOT_SCH";
char cPassword = "foobar";
char cDatabase = "ODBC:POLITE";

EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION; EXEC SQL CONNECT :cUser IDENTIFIED BY :cPassword USING cDatabase;

I get "syntax error at CONNECT". Does Oracle Lite support this? I get the impression from their documentation that it does. If not, how can I specify the database that I'm connecting to? The example ESQL programs all build and run with no problem, but don't specify a database - is everything working off the default database? Is this a limitation of the demo version?

Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated. email me at cummings_at_gate.net

Thanks! Received on Mon Apr 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT