Reports 2.5: controlling the "server" program

From: Duncan MacGregor <aa735_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1998/04/06

I have a question about Oracle Reports v. 2.5 running under Windows 95 with Personal Oracle 7.3. When any report is run, the program 'r25srv32' (a "server" program of some kind) is also started. How can the program be shut down when other programs (in this case, Oracle Forms) finish, and how can its occasional propensity to crash and leave files (usually named 'idx*') behind be controlled or reduced?

Any ideas? Please e-mail same to the address above; I will post a summary of the responses if I get enough appeals to do so.

--
Duncan MacGregor | aa735_at_freenet.carleton.ca  | #include <disclaimer.h>
Also at: "http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa735/" | To err is human ...