Re: [Question] Can I use Java?

From: Allan Gould <allang_at_sco.com>
Date: 1998/04/06

John R. Howey wrote:

> Patrick is Patrick wrote:
>
> > I would like to ask if it is possible to use JAVA to develop
> > applications to retrieve data from oracle database. If yes,
> > what kind of tools, development kit or libraries should I
> > have in order to achieve this? By the way, JAVA application
> > or Developer 2000 application, which one is better?
> >
> > If anyone can help me, would you mind replying me by e-mail
> > as well?
>
> Yes you can write a Java Application using JDBC to retreive oracle
> data. The basic tools are all free from Sun and Oracle....
> As for which is better it depends on a variety of factors such as
> portability, company infrastructure etc..

If you need a JDBC driver, you could try our JDBC driver: SCO SQL-Retriever. Take a look at
http://www.sco.com/vision/products/sqlretriever/ for more information and a downloadable eval.

Allan Gould
(allang at sco dot com)
(Please remove anti-spam measures if replying) Received on Mon Apr 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT