newbie help please - SQL Plus DELETE

From: Jeffrey T. Kempiners <jeffrey.t.kempiners_at_ac.com>
Date: 1998/04/03

Hello all,

        I'm attempting to delete all of the records from a table, effectively clearing the contents of this table. This is a statistics table that we clear out once a week.

        I'm developing the application using Personal Oracle Lite 7 as the dev environment, until we get the server up and running with oracle for workgroups 7.3.

        I have attempted virtually every documented SQL command I can find, from truncate to drop to delete, and nothing will work. This table is quite large by the time we're looking to clear it. If anybody knows the syntax I'd use from an sql plus prompt to delete all the records while leaving the table data and columns in place, i'd greatly appreciate it.

second (and much more brief) question:

        When I type the following:
SELECT * FROM SIR_TRACKING;
        I get the following error message:
buffer overflow. Use SET command to reduce ARRAYSIZE or increase MAXDATA.

        I've then issued the command
SET ARRAYSIZE 5000;
SET MAXDATA 60000;
        and try it again, still no luck. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks very much,
-Jeffrey T. Kempiners Received on Fri Apr 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CST