PL/SQL Help

From: Haris Kusumo <hkusumo_at_elixir.com.au>
Date: 1998/04/02

Hi,

I just wondering if it is possible to do this. I would like to be able to call PL/SQL procedure from oracle web server to send data from Oracle RDBMS to the printer queue. Is there any build-in PL/SQL function to do this ?

Can Oracle 7.3 do this or it has to be ver 8.x ? Will this be easier to implement on Unix than NT if there isn't any build-in function to do this (alias work around required, i.e. need external program to generate report and call something like lp -c <file>).

I appreciated if you could e-mail me the info.

Thanks in advance.
- Haris -

Elixir Solutions Provider Pty Ltd
Suite 167, 9 Crofts Ave
Hurstville, NSW 2220
Australia
Phone: 61-2-9570-5971   E-mail: hkusumo_at_elixir.com.au
Fax: 61-2-9570-6974   Web: http://www.elixir.com.au