Re: C program and stored procedure

From: <mzawadzki_at_starnet.lenfest.com>
Date: 1998/04/01

Why ? The client , your C program' process , has requested the server, Oracle, to run a procedure. When the client dies it does not tell the server it is dead. The server keeps merrily running along , as it does not 'know' that your client process is died. Much like a TV station does not go off the air because you have turned off your set.

How ? Just a guess , not tried...
You might register a signal handler in your program and disconnect from the instance before completely exiting.

"simona cruciani" <sperati_at_romois.enet.dec.com> wrote:

>Hi everybody...

>Here in Rome we have a little problem about C program and a stored
>procedure.

>The host program calls a stored procedure with these instructions:
> EXEC SQL EXECUTE
> BEGIN
> procedure;
> END;
> END-EXEC;

>When we kill the program, the stored procedure doesn't die. Why?

>There is any way to kill the stored procedure when the calling program
>dies??

>If someone has some suggest...

>Thanks in advance

>--
>Andrea Pallotta
>Ciside_RM DataBase Practice
>Digital Equipment Corporation S.p.A.
>Rome, Italy
>Andrea.Pallotta_at_Digital.com

Mark Zawadzki, late of Waynesboro, Va.
'...there is not a sprig of grass that shoots uninteresting to me.'

                                                 Thomas Jefferson, 1790.