lost internal/system/sys passwords

From: Dan Holm <oracle_at_anomaly.insync.net>
Date: 1998/04/01

I'm trying to create a new database on our Oracle Workgroup Server (Solaris 2.6), however the person that installed Oracle can't remember any of the passwords for any of the users. I've tried the process outlined in the manuals (shutdown the database, rm the password file in the oracle_home/dbs, and use orapw to create a new one), but that doesn't appear to be doing anything at all; i can log in as internal using gibberish for the password (but once i'm logged in i can't do anything of use because of 'insufficient priveledges'), and sys and system complain about invalid usernames or passwords.

Am I SOL? ... :)

I thank you in advance,
Dan Received on Wed Apr 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CST