Re: Sysdate doesn't agree with date on Server

From: \ <mvmaanen_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1998/04/01

Tansel Ozkan wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> When I query the sysdate from Oracle, the time I am getting is different
> than the time on the server machine on which the database is residing.
> What could be the possible reasons for this?
>
> At SQLPlus prompt:
>
> select TO_CHAR(sysdate,'HH-MI-SS') from dual;
> TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'HH-MI-SS')
> 10-51-13
>
> On Unix prompt:
>
> $date
> Tue Mar 31 12:51:13 EST 1998
>
> As you may have noticed, there is exactly a 2 hour of difference.
>
> Any comments..
>
> Thanks..
>
> Tansel

Assuming that the time returned by the unix date command is the correct time,
try a reboot of your unix machine or a restart of the timed daemon process.
The difference could be caused by an update of the system clock settings (by root),
while the timed process is not restarted. The unix date command reads the system clock, Oracle reads the date/time from the timed process (this is the case on my IRIX system).

Hope this helps !

Marc van Maanen Received on Wed Apr 01 1998 - 00:00:00 CST