A Users Security problem...

From: Luca Minudel <luca.minudel_at_nline.it>
Date: 1998/03/31

Hi all,
  I'm setting users security in a Oracle Db, here comes my problems. I've put all Tables in a Db schema "MAIN" and I've defined two Roles :

Each user will have 2 account, one with "SOFWARE USER" role and one with "BASIC USER".
The first account with "SOFWARE USER" role will be used only by an application I wrote (the password is hardcoded in the application). The second user account will be used by user from Oracle SQL-WorkSheet or similar.

My application create temporary tables in the first user account/schema (the user account my application connects to). I need an EASY way to let users (connected with their second account from SQL-WorkSheet or similar) to select from these temporary tables.

I don't want to rewrite my application for granting privileges and creating synonyms for temporary tables to the second account.

Any idea?

 Luca Minudel                    software designer
 Italy                             Conegliano (TV)
 voice & fax                     +39 (0)438 412280
 e-mail                      luca.minudel_at_nline.it
 WWW                       (italian language used)
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/4041 Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CST