Passing PL-SQL Tables as arguments

From: <gundugollu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/03/31

Hi

I am trying to pass a PL-SQL Table to a procedure. I don't know if this is possible.

What I am trying to do as a first step is declare a procedure with the argument as a pl-sql table.

create or replace procedure proc_xx(

                                table_in IN products_table)

TYPE products_table IS TABLE OF products INDEX BY BINARY INTEGER BEGIN

I am getting error when I compile this saying

0/0      PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated
1/34     PLS-00201: identifier 'PRODUCTS_TABLE' must be declared

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated

TIA Anil