Outer join on multiple tables?

From: please_remove <_at_inesca.pt(please_remove)>
Date: 1998/03/30

Hi,

I believe outer joins with more that two tables aren't possible, but I could use that kind of functionality...
Here's the situation: suppose I have four tables A, B, C, D. All four have exactly the same primary key (no, it wasn't me who design the database!), having data for the same entity. Table A always has all instances of that entity, but tables B, C and D may have or not the corresponding rows.
I need to run a query which would retrieve *all* rows from the table A, as well as the rows from B, C, and D tables where a join can be established, this is, an outer join on B, C and D. Can this be achieved within the same query? Which approach would you advise?

(I'm using Oracle 7.3)

Thanks in advance.

I.O. Received on Mon Mar 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CST