Oracle installer. Application deployment.

From: <chrisd_at_pclgroup.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/30

I am trying to deploy an application using the Oracle installer.

I have managed to create a forms/reports deployment in the manner suggested on the Developer/2000 V1.5 for Win95/NT CD deploy directory.

However, I would like to be able to execute other programs automatically as part of the install. I can't seem to find any documentation for the scripting language used by Oracle.

Ideally, I would like to create a CD from which I could install the client and server side of our application, perform patch upgrades etc.

Does anyone have any info on the above, or know any more details on the prd, map, ins, dei, vrf etc. script files?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Dowell.