HTML and Oracle Database

From: John Leggitt <johnml_at_istar.ca>
Date: 1998/03/27

We develop traditional client/server apps with Developer/2000 32-bit version for Windows95 and NT4 on an Oracle 7.3 database which is setup on an NT4 server with IIS, etc. We would like to have a web interface and may soon update to Oracle 8 and Developer/2000 2 which will allow us to do this easily; however, we want to set up a web interface now to the current database. We have played with using Active X with an ODBC connection. That works fine with Internet Explorer but not with Netscape and it means doing all development in VB.

Any ideas on how we might get started with HTML accessing data in the database? Sample code, web sites would be much appreciated?

Thanks,
JohnL Received on Fri Mar 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CST