Re: create a table

From: Patrick Finnicum <pfinn_at_creighton.edu>
Date: 1998/03/27

> I want to create a table which is same as another user's table so, I use
> create table mytable as select * from another_username.table_name.
> the sql sever gives me an error message as:
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>
> The table does exist in the other user's account.

Sounds to me like they need to grant you a select. Have the user log in and type

        grant select on table_name to whateveryournameis;

if the table doesn't have anything questionable as in security or privacy, they can just type

        grant select on table_name to public;

-p Received on Fri Mar 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CST