trigger for logtable

From: Paul Kreis <nkrepa_at_ascom.ch>
Date: 1998/03/27

hello,

I work on Solaris 2.5.1 with Oracle Server 7.3.3 and Oracle Forms 4.5. I have to create my first productive database.

For the tables there are logtables. Now I should write a trigger (preupdate) who read out only the (old)values of the row, who will be updated of the table and put them to the log table.

Example of the tables

tb_port
port_id switch_id (foreign_key) port
12 20 5.1

log_port
port_id switch_id port logdate

Could anyone help me?

Paul C. Kreis                           Informatiker Ascom
					Phone: ++41(0)31 999 6605
paul.kreis_at_ascom.ch                     Natel: ++41(0)79 432 0514