SQL*NET - ODBC - 16/32 bit?

From: JEP <joelp_at_dsiflow.com>
Date: 1998/03/26

I have recently installed a trial version of Oracle7.3 for NT4.0 at our office and loaded the 32-bit ODBC drivers which were recommended for remote access. However, as far as I can tell, I also need to install an instance of SQL*NETv2.3 in order to be able to access the Oracle database (the database db instance are both functioning properly on the server). The problem is thus: on the CD I have been provided come the 32-bit ODBC drivers and 16-bit SQL*NETv2.3 and they DO NOT WORK TOGETHER!! I have been up and down, over and around Oracle's web-page for two days now and there isn't even the slightest mention of this problkem, at least if there is I can't find it. If anyone can give me a clue I would most certainly appreciate it as Oracle's support for trial products is fairly poor. Thanks in advance. Joel Received on Thu Mar 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST