Development in Oracle and SQL Server simutaneously

From: David Longfield <david.longfield_at_csb.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/26

At present our development is done on MS SQL server, and alot of possible customers are asking us about running it on Oracle instead. I have a few questions which I can't find answers to either on Oracles or M$ websites (I would have thought Oracle would have been desperate to make it as easy as possible to go from their mortal enemies SQL Server to Oracle).

Can anyone point me in the direction of resources that will help me do this easily, webpages or cheap programs would be particularly useful.

From what I understand some datatypes aren't quite the same (esp. datetimes) and stored procedures need slight amendments? Am I right in thinking these are the only problems?
What would be a good starting book for me, seeing that I know SQL Server quite well, in a single server environment, with a basic(isn) unnormalised schema.

Thanks and I know this is a bit vague and I realise that I need to go away and do some reading but at the moment I can't find anything to read!

Dave.

david.longfield_at_NOSPAM.csb.co.uk (remove the NOSPAM.) Received on Thu Mar 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST