New to Oracle, need your advice

From: First Last <First.Last_at_add.ssw.abbott.com>
Date: 1998/03/25

 I am new to this newsgroup and I need your help.

I program in SAS (almost two years), know SQL and now I would like to learn Oracle. I found few places in North Chicagoland offering Oracle courses (one month, 60 hours, around $1,100, or 5 months, $ 5,000, etc.). I don't think I need few months for getting started (I am a quick learner,have good analytic skills). On the other hand is it possible to learn Oracle during one month course?

What books would you recommend? Can one learn it with books only? All answers are welcome.
Thank you.
David
ddavtian_at_math.umbc.edu Received on Wed Mar 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CST