Help Please ! ora-12500 error

From: <thomasl_at_expansion.com>
Date: 1998/03/24

Hello, I would like some help.

I have a Dec Alpha running Oracle 7.3.2 server.

All my client PCs (Win95) was able to connect to the DB server via SQLNET.

Now for some reason it is giving me this error: SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.2.0.0 - Production on Tue Mar 24 09:40:11 1998 Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1994. All rights reserved. ERROR: ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process Enter user-name:

Very strange. Nothing has changed with the TNSFILES on both server and client in ..\NETWORK\ADMIN

The only thing that happened to my knowledge is that the server ran out of disk space. But it is fine now.

Could this be a hardware problem?

The listener device log file is showing that some sort of connect is being made but after a few seconds it looks like it is core dumping in $ORACLE_HOME/bin on the server.

Any data would be quite helpful.

Thanks

Thomas Received on Tue Mar 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CST