POL:Open big table needs >6 hours! Help!

From: Andreas Seebeck <A.Seebeck_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1998/03/24

Hi,
now I managed it to fill a table with sqlloader with 300000 records, and I'm not able to open it anymore, because the bigger the table is the more time needs to open(show it in a grid) it. Am I doing something wrong? Or is that a normal behaviour? I use the oracle explorer to open it. In sql+ almost the same happens: the bigger the amount of data to return is, the more time is needed before the editor begins to show the resulting records. A select * in the big table and the pc hangs for more than 6 hours.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Andreas Received on Tue Mar 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CST