Re: Grant select on another owners table

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/03/23

You can grant directly object privileges to a role (or a user, for that matter) if the owner(s) of the objects grant(s) you those privileges WITH GRANT OPTION, i.e. GRANT obj_privilege ON obj_name WITH GRANT OPTION.

BTW, I believe the (undocumented) correct syntax for that ALTER SESSION command is:

ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA=user_name

It is used by ORACLE during IMPORT. You can see it in action (so to speak) in the INDEXFILE when you run an import with the INDEXFILE option on.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu