Re: Oracle Vs. SQL Server on NT

From: Mike Adams <103701.1437_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1998/03/23

As far as comparing the two, MS is 10x easier to administer than Oracle. Any program that requires you to edit text files to change system settings is ridiculous. I am running MS SQL 6.5 on an Alpha 4100 with 4x400 processors. Our DB is about 500 gig and we have no problems. The tech support between the two can not even be compared. If I call MS with a problem they stay on the line and give me an answer or escalate the problem to somebody that can give me an answer. If I call oracle, I usually tell the tech my problem than he/she tells me they will look into it and call me back. Usually not till the next day. Received on Mon Mar 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST