Interfacing AS/400 to RS6000

From: Mike Levin <mike.levin_at_usa.net>
Date: 1998/03/22

I want to interface data from an AS/400 to an Oracle database on an RS/6000 and have never used an AS/400. I don't know much at all about the AS/400 operating system.

If I'm dealing with flat files on the AS/400 and I want to modify them from the RS6000 end, what's are some of the ways to go about it? At the moment, there is a FTP system in place. However, I want to update the AS/400 flat files from the RS/6000 end with a 'Y' to indicate successful interface. I can use any language: C, unix shell scripts, PL/SQL etc...

Thanks Received on Sun Mar 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CST