Oracle Forms and Tables with a Multiple-field Primary Key... help!!!

From: Dennis Spathis <d_spathi_at_alcor.concordia.ca>
Date: 1998/03/22

   I have a table ITEMPRICE containing the fields ITEMID, DATE, PRICE and DISCOUNT. The primary key is a multiple-field primary key consisting of the first two fields.

   Here is my problem: the form I created for the purpose of data entry into this table will not permit insertion of a record (all attempts result in the generic "ORACLE ERROR: Cannot insert the record" message).

   I know my table is fine--I can insert data via the Oracle browser. I am also quite confident that my form is fine (it is simple enough, and anyway, I created it in the same way I created my other forms--which work perfectly).

    I suspect the problem has to do with the multiple-field primary key.

    Any clue what's going on? What should I do?

Thanks. Received on Sun Mar 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CST