Grant select on another owners table

From: wayne <visstar_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1998/03/21

Logging in as sys or system, I'm
1) creating a new user,
2) granting "select on" , "update" etc privilege on tables from different schema to a role,
3) create the appropriate synonyms for the tables 3) assign the role to the new user

I know I can log in as the owners of the tables and grant the rights to the role. But this is not a good way.

How can I do it centrally without login into each schema?

Someone suggested
Alter session set current schema [username] But there is no such syntax.

Pls help.
bart

wing66_at_yahoo.com Received on Sat Mar 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST