Re: ODBC problems

From: Lars M. Hansen <rogue_at_channel1.com>
Date: 1998/03/20

Michael West wrote:

> I have been using the ODBC on a windows 95 operating system.
> It was working fine until I deleted a software application from my system
> using the add/remove facility. I can double click on the ODBC link and add
> a link to a database but on leaving the dialog box I get an error.
>
> ?
>
> How can I correct the problem?Does anyone now wha is going on
>
> Can I reinstall the ODBC component back on my machine and if so how do I go
> about doing it? (Where are the files for reinstallation?)
>
> Thanks for your time
>
> Mikey
> sds01a_at_bangor.ac.uk

I'd suggest just re-install the ODBC stuff. If you can't find it on any of your Office or Access CD's, just head of to Microsofts website and download the newest odbc package from there... I don't remember the URL of the top of my head. Search for ODBC and Download, and you'll get less than 10 hits. One of them will take you to a page which will take you to the page where you can download the package (damn MS for making it so difficult to navigate their site!)

LMH rogue(at)channel1 dot com
WWW http://www.channel1.com/users/rogue
Reply address may be foiled to fool spam-bots. Remove the obvious. Spammers read this: US CODE title 47, chapter 5, sub-chapter 2, section 227(b)(1)(C), section 227(b)(3)(B) and section 227(b)(3)(C) Things that sounds naughty in law, but isn't ...

   "You can get me off, right?" Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST