Cursor Problem

From: Dave Angalich <dangalich_at_nttc.edu>
Date: 1998/03/20

I am new to Oracle procedures and have the following problem:

I am writing a procedure to delete/update some info from several tables. For example, I open a cursor on table a and just read down through the table. I then open a second cursor on the same table. The table has the following possible list of values to parse through 1,2,3,4,5 . Cursor 1 currently has the value of 1. After doing some processing in cursor 2, I go to delete value 3 from the table. This works fine. However when cursor 1 goes to read the value 3 from the table, it gets an ORA-01002 fetch out of sequence error. I think this happens because value 3 is no longer there for the first cursor to read. Is there any way around this????

Thanks in Advance Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST