arguments

From: Arthur Habraken <a.habraken_at_delion.com>
Date: 1998/03/19

I want something very simple. For testing purposes I need to count the number of records in a lot of tables. I'd like to make a procedure count_records like this :

declare
  procedure count_records(thetable IN char) is     max number;
  begin

     select count(*) into max from thetable;
     dbms_output.put_line('# records in ' || thetable || ' :' || max);
  end count_records;

begin

  count_records('table1');
  count_records('table2');
  count_records('table3);

.
.
.
.
  count_records('table101');
  count_records('table102');
  count_records('table103');

end;

This doesn't work. Is there another solution to do something like this ?

Thanks in advance,

Arthur Habraken,
The Netherlands Received on Thu Mar 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CST