inserting text data into oracle table

From: Allyson Gwin <agwin_at_roddy.corp.sgi.com>
Date: 1998/03/19

This is my first time on this newsgroup so forgive me if this has already been answered.
I have a flat file that has a unique id (integer) and a text field in it (this field is very big). I have a table with 2 columns - an integer and a long. How can I get the data from the file into the table? I tried just using a regular sqlldr control file, but that didn't work. There are about 4000 records in this file. Some of the text fields have hard returns in them. If more information is needed, I can give a sample of the file. I am using Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.3.0.0. Thanks.

Allyson

--
:-)

* Allyson Gwin | Silicon Graphics *
* agwin_at_corp.sgi.com | WorldWide Field I/S *
* | (650) 933-6177 *