Installing Oracle 7.3.3 on Unixware 2.1.3

From: 1010 <koyo_at_usa.net>
Date: 1998/03/19

Dear all,

I have trouble when installing Oracle 7.3.3 on Unixware 2.1.3. When the following startup script coming on the CD ROM is run, I was immediately told to install the DBT package before installing Oracle. However, I simply can't find the so called DBT package in the Unixware package GUI as well as on the manuals. I am really puzzled.

We did contact Oracle support in HK but all they said was missing Unixware package.

The title of the CD ROM I was trying to install is:

Oracle 7 Server
Version 7.3.3
for INTEL SVR4 UNIX

I hope I can receive some suggestions from experts here since it must be settled as soon as possible for development purpose.

Thanks.

Thanks and regards,
Koyo

Startup script found as /CD_ROM_1/orainst/oipreins.sh:

#!/bin/sh
TURNED_ON="N"
DBT_FILE="/etc/conf/sdevice.d/dbt"
if [ -f $DBT_FILE ] ; then
  TURNED_ON=`cat $DBT_FILE | cut -f2 -d" " `   if [ $TURNED_ON != "Y" ] ; then
    echo "Please activate the DBT package & change the kernel,"     echo "before installing Oracle."
    exit 1;
  fi
else
  echo "Please install DBT Package before installing Oracle."   exit 1;
fi