Re: Problem Using Access as front end to Oracle

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1998/03/19

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 07:56:54 -0600, beng_at_bhssf.org wrote: Hi,

be aware that oracles SQL-syntax differs from Access' ones. Such things like:

Select [table1].[column1] ... won't work. Select DISTINCTROWS... won't work use SELECT DISTINCT instead.

OUTER JOIN-syntax is different:

	SELECT
		t1.column1, t2.column2
	FROM
		table1 t1,
		table2 t2
	WHERE
		t1.column1 = t2.column2(+)

where t2's column2 does not cover all values of t1's column1.

>Can anyone help me with a problem I am having regarding using MS Access 97 as
>a front end to an Oracle 8 Database. I am trying to connect via ODBC, and I
>can link the tables OK. The problem occurs when I try to open the tables in
>data sheet view. I receive an error :

 ORA-00923 ; from keyword not found
>where expected (#923)

Is there something very obvious that I am doing
>wrong???

-Ben

--

Regards