Re: SQL*LOADER: How to read in TIME fields?

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1998/03/18

You might try TIME instead of DATE

Andreas Seebeck (A.Seebeck_at_t-online.de) wrote:
: Hi,

: does anybody know how I can read time fields with sqlloader?
: In the ascii file they are written like 21:30:00. In the control file
: I tried it with CHAR, DATE and DATE "hh-mm-ss" and DATE "hh:mm:ss",
: but nothing works.
: SQLLoader gives this message:

: Record 1: Rejected - Error on table KUNDEN_LEISTUNG.
: OCA-30021: error preparing/executing SQL statement
: [POL-2416] invalid date/time format

: The database is Personal Oracle Lite, and the field type is TIME.

: Any suggestions?

: Thanks in advance,
: Andreas Seebeck

--
While DSC may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
DSC does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you