Newbie Question

From: Germain Rioux <GRioux_at_TRI-TechRes.com>
Date: 1998/03/17

Hello,

I am trying to set-up Oracle Lite on my NT 4.0 Server.

The installation process went without a glitch, installed the components and a "test database" - POLite.

The Oracle "Navigator" recognizes the db and connects to it without any problems.

When I try to connect to the db from other applications, such as SQL*Plus, I get the following error message :

"ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed"

From the help files and manuals, I gathered this was a SQL*Net problem which seemed strange ... since I'm running SQL*Plus on the same computer as the db resides but I tried to create a TCP/IP entry for POLite with SQL*Net but did not seem to have any success.

We're trying this to look into connectivity issues between Netscape enterprise server and oracle.

Any pointers on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Germain Rioux Received on Tue Mar 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST