Re: Rollback

From: Raffaele Sena <raff_at_aromatic.com>
Date: 1998/03/17

Jaap W. van Dijk wrote:

> No. you can't. Rollback information is not only kept for your update,
> but also for read consistency for other sessions: while
> you are updating, Oracle shows other session the unchanged records by
> retrieving the old values from the rollbacksegments.

What you can do is increase the rollback segments size and extents. If you run the Oracle Storage Manager you can manupulate them to do almost everything you want. You can create a big rollback segment (also give them enough number of extents and reasonable extent size).

There is also an SQL command to associate a rollback segment to your transaction, but I really don't remember the name. In that way you can have a single big rollback segment and make sure your transaction use that one and not the current one.

Hope this help

        Raffaele Received on Tue Mar 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST