urgent help needed!! - connecting to db through unix script

From: WayneB <Wayne_Leone_at_notes.amdahl.com>
Date: 1998/03/16

Hi all,

This is someting I need to solve as soon as possible.

From unix shell script I need to

  1. Connect to a database
  2. Retrieve values from a table
  3. For each value, assign to an environment variable.
  4. Close connection

When the scripts finishes, I need to be able to see the environment variables
by doing 'set' or 'env' (doesn't matter which one just so long as I can see the values
from the command prompt).

Thanks in advance.
Wayne Leone Received on Mon Mar 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST