Re: User Interface

From: <ben.salemi_at_gcgc.com>
Date: 1998/03/16

What tools do you have available? DO you have the Oracle tools (such as SQLForms)? Do you already use tools like VB, Powerbuilder, Visual C++ etc. ANY of these can be made to work with Oracle. All of the above asumes you are trying to do this on a windows platform, if we are talking UNIX it is another ball of wax.

For the abolute simplest way of creating an interface, with something you probably already have, you could try Microsoft Access using ODBC to link to the Oracle tables. I have this do be a fairly painless way to whip-out an interface. This is not sufficient for a project of any significant size!! But is good for doing something quick and/or small.

Best of Luck,

Ben Salemi
Global Consulting Group