Re: Yet another newbie sqlforms30 question

From: Gitte Tøgersen <danskdata_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/16

Martin Meadows skrev i meddelelsen <350C2454.3423_at_indy.net>...
>I just looked at field in an existing form that I brought up with the
>load option in sqlforms30. I loaded the form info from a file called
>"the_screen.inp". I then used image/painter to get into the form.
>Finally, I checked (with define field) a field in the form to see how it
>was defined. I found that the field length was set to 12 & the display
>length was set to 10.
>
>When does it ever make sense to make the field length longer than the
>display length? And if this sometimes make sense, why does it make
>sense?
>
>Thanks again,
>Martin Meadows

Hi Martin - again !

Fields that are defined longer than displayed, are often text fields.

You perhaps wanna write som text/remarks to at record, but if you should show all the text, there wouldn't be much place left to other fields. Then you just show a part of the field, and can still get a sence of what have been written...

Is that good enough.....

Gitte Tøgersen
Denmark
Email. danskdata_at_hotmail.com Received on Mon Mar 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST