Procedure builder questions

From: Kevin Jiang <kevin_at_winning.com>
Date: 1998/03/14

I'm using procedure builder v1.5 on NT with Oracle 7.2 on a UNIX server. Since I need to debug my procedures, I compile them locally. There are a few things that are OK on server but are syntax errors locally.

Examples:

"SELECT is_numeric('123') FROM dual" where "is_numeric" is a user defined stored function. Local PL/SQL engine tells me "is_numeric" cannot be used.

Local PL/SQL engine does not let me pass "my_cursor_at_ROWTYPE" argument to subroutines. This seemed to work locally until one day it stopped.

Another thing that used to work but no longer now is debugger itself. It lets me set breakpoints but doesn't stop at them.

Does anybody know if newer versions (1.5W, 2.0) support newer PL/SQL features? Can I buy procedure builder seperately because at my company no body uses other components of Developer/2000 which is about $5,000?

If anybody can give me any help, I'd greatly appreciate it.