Re: SQL statement errors

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/03/14

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998 00:03:36 GMT, you wrote:

>Jim I just created that table in 8 and works fine, give me more
>details. perhaps I missed the question.

[snip]

and i tried it in 7.3.3, 7.2.3, and 7.1.6 as well -- its correct. Can you give us a cut and paste of the error message?

>"AccessExcel" <JamesG86_at_email.msn.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a problem with an SQL statement. I'm trying to create a table and in
>>two columns i use the default option with either SYSDATE or USER
>>
>>CREATE TABLE depot(
>> DEPOT_ID NUMBER(4) NOT NULL,
>> COMPANY_NAME VARCHAR2(30) NULL,
>> STREET_ADDRESS VARCHAR2(60) NULL,
>> CITY VARCHAR2(30) NULL,
>> STATE VARCHAR2(2) NULL,
>> ZIPCODE VARCHAR2(9) NULL,
>> TELEPHONE VARCHAR2(10) UNIQUE,
>> FAX VARCHAR2(10) NULL,
>> PRIMARYCONTACT_NAME VARCHAR2(30) NULL,
>> CREATED_DATE DATE default sysdate not null,
>> CREATED_BY VARCHAR2(30) default user,
>> MODIFIED_DATE DATE NULL,
>> MODIFIED_BY VARCHAR2(30) NULL,
>> CONSTRAINT PK_DEPOT PRIMARY KEY(DEPOT_ID)
>>);
>>
>>The syntax error seems to be the default option using SYSDATE or USER. Can
>>you use these pseudocolumns in the default option?
>>
>>Jim

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sat Mar 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST