Re: Problem with Oracle7 and SCO OpenServer

From: Sherwin Anthony Sequeira <sherwin_at_sequeira.powernet.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/14

In article <35070A67.2CEF51C2_at_direct.ca>,

        Raymond Cheung <cheungr_at_direct.ca> writes:
> I'm having alot of trobles loading Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.2.2 onto
> my OpenServer5.0.4.
>
> Someone told me that Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.2.2 does not work with
> SCO UNIX OpenServer5.0.4
>
> Do anyone know if that statement is true or not? Do anyone know how to
> fix the linking problem when you install Oracle7?

        'Tis untrue. What you need to is ALL the patches recommended by Oracle for the O/S. I do not think that these are even in the release notes (though things may have changed)! You have to ring Oracle Support. I sympathise with you. All of my SCO Oracle installations have been a nightmare.

Tony Received on Sat Mar 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST