Not Nulls grouped as first column.....

From: Tao36 <tao36_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

I've always been told to keep all my "not null" columns together at the front of the table. However, due to the severe effects of aging (or possibly environmental contaminants) I can't remember why.

I have a situation in which it is a lot easier for me to "alter" a table, adding a new "not null" column to the end, as opposed to "dropping" the table and recreating it with the new column grouped at the front with all his "not null" buddies.

What are the effects of not grouping my "not nulls"? Catastrophic? Mild annoyance? Was it anal to keep them together in the first place?

Thanks for any enlightenment.
Kevin Received on Fri Mar 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST