SQL question

From: Ron Schnell <ronnie_at_space.mit.edu>
Date: 1998/03/13

Hi,

I'm a beginner at SQL, but thought I had a good handle on things, until this report problem came up. It seems like it should be possible, but I can't figure out how to do it. Is it possible with one query?

Here is a simplified version of the problem:

I have 2 tables, one called 'customer' and one called 'transactions'. The customer table has customer numbers and last names of customers, and the transaction table has customer numbers and dates for each time each customer has used the "system" (one row for each access).

I would like to create a report to print out the name of each customer and the last time they accessed the system. Note that some of the customers have never accessed the system, but I still want to print out their name (and blank or something else in the last access column).

Seems like it should be easy, but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

#Ron
ronnie_at_space.mit.edu Received on Fri Mar 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST