Re: sql

From: Titch <titch_at_cyberdude.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

I think that you probably wrote the sql statement in Wordpad, or some other form of text editor as I see that you are using NT, that adds formatting to the text, when you then run the script SQL*Plus comes across this formatting and gives this strange message, it's nothing to worry about but using Notepad is recommended to stop you getting this message. I assume that the data actually went into the table ok?

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:04:30 -0600, Peter Chang <p-chang_at_ti.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I try to insert values into an table, but got message "input truncate to
>1 character", could anyone tell me what's that mean? Thanks.

Regards

Richard Parr (Analyst Programmer)
mailto:titch@cyberdude.com http://www.titch.clara.net Quote:"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something." Received on Fri Mar 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST