Re: Forms textformat

From: Brian Membrey <horsemth_at_mel.switch.net.au>
Date: 1998/03/11

The .fmt format is mostly used purely for inter-platform migration of forms (ie in a simple text file format) To this end, it's similar to the .inp files used in V3 Forms

But the crunch is that the format of the .fmt makes it impossible to perform any meaningful editing (other than some simple replacements such as changing NEXT_FIELD to NEXT_ITEM if you're converting. The .fmt also uses internal ids to reference most of the elements so it's almost impossible to tell what's what.

Designer/2000 will generate .fmb files directly I wouldn't be too excited about other case tools generating anything for Forms 4.5

Cheers

Daniel Noelte <flux_at_snafu.de> wrote in article <01bd4c3c$c3fa6e40$01000000_at_chaos>...