Re: Pl/SQL problem in Oracle Financials

From: <082087dv_at_pond.com>
Date: 1998/03/11

I do not know if you are into evaluating 3rd party tools, but there is a product out there called AppWorx that could help. and help automate what you are trying to do. They have an interface to Oracle applications and specifically concurrent manager. They have a GUI development language that allows your to create complex dependenices between jobs and also automate many of the online jobs that require alot of user intevention. They have a way of setting dynamic variables for those online reports. That way rather than having many users requesting reports and cluttering up the system and it's resources, the users submit's the jobs normally and AppWorx schedules that whenever you tell it to run. This also does not leave your terminal or PC hanging nor does it leave you with thousands of jobs in a queue waiting to run.

Definitely looking into this product. It changed our lives and created a lights out situation for 3rd shift. They will make a believer of you too.

http://www.appworx.com