I got ORA-03001: unimplemented feature

From: TL <lamkin_at_tiac.net>
Date: 1998/03/11

Ok, so I could not do it in a trigger because of the implicit COMMIT. Fine, now I try it from a straight stored procedure and I get the message above ORA-03001: unimplemented feature.

The code below is trying to issue the GRANT statement, but fails. I don't believe that this is unimplemented in version 7.3?

PROCEDURE ChangePassword (userID IN VARCHAR2) IS

	cid integer;
	userPassword varchar2(15);
	sqlCommand varchar2(255) := 	'GRANT CONNECT TO '
				||	userID
				||	'IDENTIFIED BY '
				||	'x' || userPassword;
BEGIN
	SELECT cur_pswd_cde INTO userPassword FROM tbw006_usr WHERE id = userID;

	DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ('stored procedure gets password ' || userPassword);
 	cid := DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR;
 	DBMS_SQL.PARSE(cid, sqlCommand, dbms_sql.v7);
	DBMS_SQL.CLOSE_CURSOR(cid);
  	DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ('we finished the stored procedure');
END; TL <lamkin_at_tiac.net> wrote in article
<01bd4d39$6f3598a0$054f3dd1_at_l58cb9>...